Learning the guitar is hard. Nobody likes endless drills. Most guitar classes might as well be boot camp for your fingers. This course is guaranteed to be the most fun and practical resource you'll find, including:
- How to play hit songs on your first day
- What kind of guitar, software and music to choose that's right for you
- The secret to scales, so you can skip the boring drills
- Know all the chords, without the memorization
- How to master guitar solos
- Impressing your friends with cool licks
- How to keep motivated to play every day
This course is aimed at beginners who want to have fun and learn the guitar without spending an arm and a leg on lessons and resources. I'll make a few recommendations about what tools to use, but more importantly give you the knowledge to make decisions on your own.
How to Use This Skill
Every Step in the Skill Breakdown (table of contents below) begins with [FYI] or [DIY].
- FYI steps are informational. They explain how and why something works.
- DIY steps are instructional. They show how to actually do something.
This sub-site (Skills.TechnicallyWizardry.com) is built on a educational platform. This allows for better "step-by-step" organization, as well as uploading screen captures, videos, audio, and source code (when relevant).